Breese Historical Society
HOME Mural 1 Mural 2 Mural 3 Mural 4 Mural 5 Mural 6 Mural 7 Mural 8

Mural Pavilion D

 
       
 
 
  D8- Hagen Lumber Company

Hagen Lumber Company - 450 N. 1st St.

Hagen Lumber Co. was originally started in the late 1800's by Theodore Hagen, who operated the business, which was located at 450 N. 1st Street, until his death. Following the death of their father, Henry and John Hagen continued to operate the business until 1911 when Henry Hagen became the sole owner. Henry, who was a carpenter for his father, continued the business, which mainly consisted of construction, contracting, building re-location, retail sales and the manufacture of hand made molding.

He continued to operate the lumber business, until his death in 1967. From 1967 to 1977, Don Kruse, grandson of Henry Hagen, managed the business for the family. Late in 1977, a new building was constructed and the business was moved to a new location at Hwy. 50 east, in Breese. The business was owned and operated by Don and Larry Kruse until it closed in 1981.

 


 
  Home :: About us :: Photo Gallery :: Memorial Park :: Murals :: Museum  
  Copyright 2009 TechKnow Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
www.TechKnowSolutions.com