Breese Grain Company - 700 North First
The Breese Grain Company with A.C. Koch as President and
Otto Rumpf as secretary was issued a charter on January 12,
1921. One of the first steps taken, by the new company was
to contract for the construction of a reinforced concrete
elevator, with 30,000 bushel capacity.
In 1948, construction of a two story steel and tile
warehouse was completed. In January, 1851, it was decided to
construct a handling plant for bulk raw rock phosphate. A.C.
Koch died in March, 1956. Carl Koch, took over as manager of
the company and president of the board of directors. On
January 1, 1980 he sold the company to Felix Wilke, a Wayne
feed dealer from St. Rose, and Duane Zachry, a licensed
grain operator from Carlyle.
On Sept. 1, 2001, the partnership sold Breese Grain Co. to
Brad zachry and Brent Zachry, of Zachry Farms Inc.