Breese Historical Society
HOME Mural 1 Mural 2 Mural 3 Mural 4 Mural 5 Mural 6 Mural 7 Mural 8

Mural Pavilion D

 
       
 
 
  D1 - August Klutho Lumber Company

August Klutho Lumber Company 365 North Clinton Street. This photo was August Klutho's office. His lumber yard was located along the south side of North Fourth Street, between North Clinton and North Cherry Streets. It was founded in 1885. In 1906, Mr. Joseph J. Petermeyer, his son-in-law, became a partner. August was a contractor prior to opening the lumber yard. He was the contractor when four large rooms were added to the front of the first St. Dominic Church building in 1889.

On March 25, 1946, Mr. Joseph Altepeter began operation of his Plumbing and Heating from this building.

 


 
  Home :: About us :: Photo Gallery :: Memorial Park :: Murals :: Museum  
  Copyright 2009 TechKnow Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
www.TechKnowSolutions.com