Breese Historical Society
HOME Mural 1 Mural 2 Mural 3 Mural 4 Mural 5 Mural 6 Mural 7 Mural 8

Mural Pavilion C

 
       
 
 
  C4 - Niemeyer's Meat

Niemeyer's Meat - 189 North Clinton A cigar factory was located on this corner before 1900. Later a harness and repair shop was operated here by a man called 'Little John'. Al Niemeyer purchased the grocery business in 1920 from George Sinclair which was then located in the Frank Marks building west of St. Dominic Church. He moved his business this building in 1930. After this building was destroyed by fire, the business moved to Mueller’s feed store’s old building.  When the building was rebuilt the business moved back to their original location. Al Sr. retired in 1958 and his sons, Ralph and Al, Jr. continued to operate the grocery store.

 


 
  Home :: About us :: Photo Gallery :: Memorial Park :: Murals :: Museum  
  Copyright 2009 TechKnow Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
www.TechKnowSolutions.com