Will Jasper and Louis Vander Pluym
founded this dealship in 1913. The original location is the
current site of the Breese Ambulance Service. Will Jasper
moved the business to 630 North Fourth Street a year later,
that’s the picture you see here. In 1914 a contract to sell
and service Ford vehicles was signed with Ford Motor
Company. On January 1, 1936, two employees, Elmer
Furtwengler and Lewis Dorries, purchased the business. Lewis
Dorries became the sole owner in 1951. The Mercury franchise
was awarded in 1955. In 1964, Lewis Dorries's son, Clyde,
joined the business. Breese Motor Sales moved to its current
location at 101 North Fourth Street and Mater Dei Drive in
1967. Clyde and Pat Dorries became owners of the dealership
in 1977. A son of the Dorries', Christopher, has become the
fourth generation of the family to become involved in the
management of Breese Motor Sales.
Breese Motor Sales moved out of this building it was used
for several years as an auction site and Arrow group
Industries used this building to house it’s panel center.
The building was razed and replaced with another. This is
the same building that in shown in B-6 but here it has a
higher front with the Jasper name and Ford name displayed.