Breese Historical Society

HOME Mural 1 Mural 2 Mural 3 Mural 4 Mural 5 Mural 6 Mural 7 Mural 8

Mural Pavilion B

 
       
 
 
  B10- Marks Store

Frank Marks purchased all six lots, south of the alley, in this block before the civil war.

He erected this building and operated a business here until his death in 1874. His son-in-law, Frank Philip Funke, purchased the business. He was a cigar maker by trade and established a cigar business here. He operated the store until 1904 and then the business was sold to various other merchants.

The Millinery Store under the name of C.Funke began in 1895. The Funke Grocery Store was started in 1932.

Barb Von Alst purchased the building in 2006 and sold it to St. Dominic’s Parish in 2009.  The building was razed to make room for further improvements.

 

 


 
  Home :: About us :: Photo Gallery :: Memorial Park :: Murals :: Museum  
  Copyright 2009 TechKnow Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
www.TechKnowSolutions.com