Breese Historical Society
HOME Mural 1 Mural 2 Mural 3 Mural 4 Mural 5 Mural 6 Mural 7 Mural 8

Mural Pavilion A

 
       
 
 
  A2 - Hofsommer General Store

Hofsommer General Store - 205 North Main St.

Casper Hofsommer Sr. opened a general store here. After his death, his son, William, operated the store with Adolph Hoffmann as a partner. In 1888, William sold his interest to August H. Helwig, and the store was then known as Hoffmann and Helwig. Thomas H. Partington worked in the store for 36 years and he bought out Mr. Helwig's interest and the, store became known as Hoffmann and Partington. In June, 1937, Mr. Partington became the sole owner.

He erected a new building at 549 North Second Street where he continued to operate a general store. This building was razed 1950.

 


 

 
  Home :: About us :: Photo Gallery :: Memorial Park :: Murals :: Museum  
  Copyright 2009 TechKnow Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
www.TechKnowSolutions.com