Breese Historical Society
HOME Mural 1 Mural 2 Mural 3 Mural 4 Mural 5 Mural 6 Mural 7 Mural 8

Mural Pavilion A

 
       
 
 
  A12 - Balke & Stuever

Balke & Stuever - 401 North Clinton Street In 1867, Henry Balke established a shoe and repair business here. In 1910 he formed a partnership with Henry Stuever and the business was known as Balke and Stuever.

After Mr. Stuever's death in 1927, his wife continued to operate the business with Mr. Balke. He passed away on November 29,1931, and Mrs. Stuever continued to operate the business as the sole owner.

On April 15, 1975, Miss Gundy Lampe opened a business here called Gundy's Gifts. Casey's General Store is presently located here.

 


 
  Home :: About us :: Photo Gallery :: Memorial Park :: Murals :: Museum  
  Copyright 2009 TechKnow Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
www.TechKnowSolutions.com