The ancient Shoal Creek bridge
near the little hamlet of Frogtown in
dismantled to make way for a new
modem structure. The 65-foot center span was first built in
1820 and was an important link between the east and west as
pioneers drove their wagons westward along the Midland
Trail. The 48-foot spans were added in 1899. The solid
limestone piers, remained in place to support the new
Steel structure stool for many years on Route 50 over Shoal
It was replaced with a concrete
sided bridge when the roadway was widened.
Swinging Bridge served as a roadway across Shoal Creek.
Located one mile north of Rt. 50 bridge headed East and
Entire bridge was built by farmers who owned property near
the bridge. The bridge was damaged and nearly removed in
1946. It was then repaired and used until circa, 1956. At
that time it was destroyed beyond repair and never used
again. Nothing remains of the bridge.